Thursday, October 25, 2012

Printed Books V. E-Readers

Normally Thursday is book chat day, but with the BOOK SWAP going on Jessica is taking a tiny break. There is still time to join if you haven't yet.  If you're interested leave a comment below with your blog link or good reads profile. Don't forget to include what kind of book you would be interested in.
Photobucket

So since their isn't a book chat topic today I decided to talk about a topic that was discussed before I joined the chat. If you love books like I love books you should join the chat too! Just visit Jessica over at Sweet Green Tangerine for more details.
Photobucket

It's a war! Not really.
 Everyone has their own opinion about which is better... The real printed book or the e-reader. I like my e-reader but I love books. I don't think it's the actual book itself that I love. It's the experience of buying the book or checking the book out. I love the way libraries and book stores smell. I love walking in and seeing all of the books lined up just waiting for me to choose one. I can flip through them and read a few chapters if I want before making a choice. 
I like walking out of the library with an armful of books knowing I'll be back very soon to get more.

I don't dislike my e-reader. It has it's own perks. It's lightweight so I can take it anywhere. It fits nicely in my purse. I can read in privacy. I could be reading a scandalous racy novel and no one would ever know. I can store lots of books on just that one device. 

If I had to give up one or the other I would give up the e-reader. It just doesn't compare to having a real solid book in my hands. 

But thankfully I get to keep them both =)



2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this! I love my e-reader, and I love my books. But if I had to choose one? Real books all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you chose to do a book chat post! I feel like at some point we will have to go back and re-do all of the old topics.
    And I totally agree with you on this. I love my Kindle (a lot more than I expected to) but I couldn't live without libraries and book stores.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...