Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Book Chat- Book Lovers Confessions

Photobucket


Linking up with Jessica for The Book Chat.

~ Something amazing just happened to me. I found out that The Host will be in Theaters March 2013! This was the first dystopian book I ever read and I LOVED it. I am sitting here freaking out because I MUST see this movie! I may or may not have just squealed loudly...This book really opened the door for me to read other dystopian books. Here is the trailer that I stumbled across. Enjoy!...Oh, and go read the book!


~ I've loved reading for as long as I can remember. I started out reading The Babysitter's Club books. I collected almost all of them. I have no idea where they are now. 

~ In high school I pretended to hate reading those awful classics along with everyone else but secretly enjoyed soaking up every page of amazing literature. I had awesome grades in Literature and English...not so much in Math and Science. =)

~ My favorite book is a book I just read recently, The Book Thief. I borrowed it from the library. I need to buy it because I want to read it again...and of course OWN it.

~ I would rather read a good book than do anything else. I love books that suck you in and you think about them long after you've read the last page.

~ I didn't really like Fifty Shades of Grey. I read it because women were raving about it but maybe they raved about it because of all of the sex? The story to me..sucked...and if the story line isn't good there really isn't a point in reading it.

~ As much as I love books my collection is not that large. I get most of my books from the library.

And courtesy of Pinterest:



4 comments:

  1. Love the E cards! They pretty much sum up how I feel about reading. btw- What genre is "dystopian"? Never heard that word before ... educate me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that last one!
    I didn't like Fifty Shades either. I found it so FRUSTRATING!
    Anyway, I love you loved The Book Thief so much.
    And if you should try Birthmarked by Caraugh O'Brien. It's another great YA dystopia that I think you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these book confessions posts! I did one ages ago and had way too much fun with it. It's fun to see how we've grown as readers over time!

    Also... BOOK THIEF! One of my all time favorite reads like EVER. Ugh I just love it so much it hurts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reminds me, you should read Sarah's Key by Tatianna De Rosnay. That's another one of my absolute favorite novels written in the World War II era. Also, you should read Zusak's other novel 'I Am The Messenger'. It's amazing. Both his books changed my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...