Monday, March 11, 2013

12 weeks

I went to the doctor on Thursday and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Yes we saw the teeny tiny blob of a baby on the ultrasound but hearing the heartbeat for me is what really makes it feel real. They did a ton of blood work the next day to do routine testing. I had the option to do it the same day as my appointment or the next day. I hate needles SO of course I opted to wait a day.

I thought my morning sickness was gone. I was wrong. I went a whole week eating everything I wanted with no problem. Yesterday I started feeling crummy again. I plan on just napping a lot today. It's rainy and gloomy outside plus you can't feel yucky if you're asleep.

I cry a lot. A lot more than I cried with Noah. I cry probably ever night. Always over something dumb.

I'm mean. I know I'm being ridiculous but somehow I can't stop the words from coming out of my mouth. Joey has been amazing at dealing with the new and weird me. CRAP! I think I might cry now thinking about how nice he's been when I've been so awful....   He does the laundry. He does the dishes. He makes sure Noah takes a bath and gets in bed. All while I lay on the couch and try to feel a little better.

Noah likes to touch my tummy and say he can feel the baby. I don't have the heart to tell him that no...that is just fat.

When I was pregnant with Noah my nose was always in a baby book of some kind. This time around I think I've picked up my What to Expect book maybe twice. It's not that I don't care. I've just done this before and I really don't have that many questions. I also wanted things to rush by with Noah. I couldn't wait for the next milestone and then the next. Now I'm more relaxed about everything. Everything will happen when it happens.


2 comments:

  1. The 2nd pregnancy was way relaxed for me too! It was actually nice to know that to expect, it helped boost my confidence a bit, knowing that I had more tools this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very behind, but congrats on hitting 12 weeks! That really sucks that you felt more morning sickness. I hope that passes for you soon. The crying seems totally normal. I already cry a lot, I think it's a hormonal girl thing... I can't imagine while being pregnant! It sounds like overall you're handling everything great though. Plus BABIES! YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...