Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Book Chat - Strangest Book


I thought for a while about the books I have read. I couldn't think of anything really strange... So I'm just choosing the book I've read with the strangest twist ending.

From Goodreads

Me & Emma is about Carrie (8) and her younger sister Emma. Carrie is very shy and kind of keeps to herself. Emma on the other hand is a little spitfire with no fear. After the tragic death of their father their mother falls apart. She remarries and the man she chooses is awful. I cried a lot while reading this book. Their step father is an abusive man. The two young girls live a very sad life. Their mother who is emotionally absent has pretty much forgotten about them and left them in the "care" of the step father. The twist at the end of the book left me shocked and heartbroken. It also gave me a whole new perspective on the book. I would like to go back and read it again someday now that I know the true story. This is a fast read. Something is always happening. It's hard to put down because you just want to find out what is going to happen.Great book. Read it...but get tissues first.


Go link up!
strangestbook</

6 comments:

  1. Check out my book reviews I have read some really strange books! The strangest was probably The End of Mr Y and When God was a Rabbit - have left you the links :)
    http://jarrahjungle.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/book-review-when-god-was-rabbit-by.html
    http://jarrahjungle.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/book-club-end-of-mr-y-by-scarlett-thomas.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo now I really want to read this! I love a good twist ending even if it is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that one and I'm pretty sure I remember the ending - you are right about it being a great twist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books that have twists in the end. It probably would be interesting to go back and re-read after you know the twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't read true, sad stuff, especially when it involves kids. I am intruiged by the twist ending though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Books like this make me cry! I am such a softie when reading about children in books. But I do love a good, twisty ending though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...