Monday, May 13, 2013

What's in a name? (baby)



So this is me at 20 weeks. At this point I hate all of my clothes whether they be mine or maternity ones. Most days I get dressed, look in the mirror, and feel like I don't look pregnant yet...just like I've eaten too many donuts. I know this will change soon and perhaps I should avoid mirrors until then?

We had a VERY exciting ultrasound on Friday. I wish I had some photos to share but I don't. They gave us a disk with video clips on it but they are super fuzzy. I'm willing to let that slide though because we found out that we are having a G-I-R-L!!!!  I am beyond excited! Noah is super happy. The last few days before the appointment he started saying he really wanted a sister. Well he got his wish! Now visions of bows and lots of pink dance in my head.

Her name was not hard to choose:


When we found out Noah was a boy there were baby book names. There were lists. There were arguments. Finally there was compromise and relief that finally we chose a name we both liked. 

Choosing Emily's name was much simpler. There wasn't a discussion. No books were opened. It just was. Let me take you back a few years. We had no intention of having another baby yet. Noah was about 3 and he started talking about how he was going to have a little sister named Emily. He would draw her in pictures of our family. He would save things for her. Once he got one of those giant suckers from Chuck E Cheese. He ate half of it and put the rest in the fridge for her. He never ate the other half and throwing it away was not an option. Before we moved it snuck into the trash though... At the time Thomas the train was his favorite thing. There was a girl train named Emily. So really her brother named her and he named her after a train. =)
Hearing that name all the time made it stick. We just knew that if we ever had a girl baby that would be her name. 

Her middle name is Patricia. My grandma on my mom's side and Joey's grandma on his dad's side both share that name. We thought it would be nice to include that in Emily's name. 

Now we just have to wait and wait and wait to meet her =)







5 comments:

  1. Awwww....I LOVE IT!!! It just fits you guys so well and I ADORE that Noah chose her name. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome. My brother wanted to name me Natalie, and threw a tantrum when my parents went with Stacey. Maybe it's because I've been Stacey all my life, but I don't feel like a Natalie.

    Emily is a gorgeous name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT A CUTE STORY!! My brother named me too, actually. I can't remember why, but my mom asked him and he said 'Melissa' and apparently it stuck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...