Wednesday, January 1, 2014

This year.

I love taking the old calendar off the wall, pulling out the new one, and transferring all of the important dates. I like seeing all of the activities and plans we had during the year scribbled across the little squares. I almost want to keep the calendars.

It's 2014. Noah is 8. Emily is now 3 months old. I'm 28. I've been married for 10 years. I've seen many New Years Eves come and go. Some were spent out being crazy, some spent sitting at home, and the last few I've slept through.

This year I just want to spend more time being present in the moment with Noah. Too often I'm there but my mind is on other things. This year I need to have more patience. This year I need to get healthy! This year I want to get back to reading even if it's just a few minutes a day.

I'm really hoping that this year brings us a job in Louisiana. I'm more than ready to move back. I can't handle another winter here. It's just too cold and there is way too much snow.

Welcome to 2014.

2 comments:

  1. I actually do keep my old calendars and diary I cant help myself! Happy New Year to you and your family I hope 2014 is all that you wish it to be x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...