Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Emily ~ 5 Months



I don't know how my days seem so very very long but time still passes so quickly. Every time I sit down to type an update I can't believe she's this old. Next month she will be half way to one year old!!! That kills me. I love watching her grow and learn new things but at the same time I want her to stop. Just stop it already! I can tell once she's bigger I'll need to borrow someones cute tiny baby to hold and cuddle for a little bit. Holding a sweet smelling baby is the best feeling in the world.



Emily is full of laughter these days. She's starting to voice her opinion about things. You better not take a toy away from her until she is absolutely finished playing with it! Don't turn the page of the book too quickly. She might not be done looking at it yet!



She is learning that the things she does can cause a reaction in us. She makes this puppy panting sound that always makes us laugh. She likes to make pretend coughing and choking sounds to get us to run in the room. We are then greeted by a big smile as if she's saying, "Look! I made mom appear again!" The other night I was rocking her before bed and she would lay her head on my chest, lift it up, stare at me, and just start laughing. Of course then I would laugh too. It took a long time to get her to sleep that day. It's all the little cute moments that I want to remember. She really is the sweetest baby. I just want to snuggle her all day.



Sleeping - She sleeps pretty well. She goes to bed around 7:30 and wakes usually once at night to eat...sometimes twice. Naps are still a crappy 30-45 minutes long.

Likes - Making us laugh! Any toy that makes noise. Grabbing EVERYTHING especially mommy's hair. Saying mmmmmmm. Bouncing when we help her stand up.

Dislikes - Naps.

Nicknames - Snuggle Bunny, Mickey Mouse (I have no idea why I call her that lol), Princess

New Things - Still only rolling from tummy to back. Pushing up really well when on her tummy. LOTS of new baby sounds. Spent the WHOLE day out of the house and she didn't cry even once. I was VERY happy about that.

Right now she weighs 14 pounds and she is 25 inches long. She is quickly outgrowing her clothes =(



That's all folks!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dislikes naps? No way!
    You guys are such a sweet family and Emily looks so happy :) Even if she isnt napping!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...