Monday, July 14, 2014

Let's play catch up.



First I want to say hello new followers and sorry I've been so absent old followers.

I feel like life right now is I-N-S-A-N-E.

We moved from Illinois to Louisiana about 3 weeks ago. That process was enough to make my brain explode. The movers were supposed to arrive around 9 and take about 4 hours to load our stuff. Everything was already packed. They arrived around 10 and left around 3. During the loading Emily had no bed to sleep in since I realized I could not possibly fit the pack and play in the car and had to let the movers take it with them. A screaming tired baby is good for no one. Thankfully my mom was there and she was able to rock Emily to sleep. Joey was already in LA...LUCKY! The movers leave and I breathe a sigh of relief. It's Done! Wait...now I have to clean the house....  After another 2 hours we finally get on the road. I'm so glad we already had a hotel booked an hour and a half away. There is no way we would have made it trying to drive more than that. We checked in and we were all asleep by 8:30. Even grumpy overtired Emily.

The trip was loooong. 13 hours of driving not including the stops. We stayed the night half way between Illinois and Louisiana. I have zero desire to be in a car for more than a few hours for a very long time. Noah is a great traveler. He never complains. In fact he watched The Lego Movie the ENTIRE trip lol. Thank goodness for headphones! Emily hates the car. Hates it. More than 30 minutes is just too much for her. By the time we arrived I was in great need of a long nap and possibly a sedative or two.

I am so glad we are back though. When we left Louisiana 2 years ago I couldn't wait to move back. There is a lot of stress with our current situation though. We can't buy a new home until our home in IL sells. For now we are staying with my mom. Joey has also taken a cut in pay to move here. He does seem to really enjoy his new job though which makes me very happy. Since he's taken a pay cut I need to go back to work.  that wasn't "the plan". I envisioned staying home with Emily as long as I did with Noah. I do find some comfort in already knowing the people who work at the daycare she'll be attending. Being away from her all day is going to be hard though. I'm excited about talking to adults all day and actually wearing real clothes. I know it'll get easier but I'm super nervous right now about it. As a mom you always think that no one can take care of your baby as well as you can.

I'm just ready to have a routine again. I'm ready for things to feel normal. I keep praying our house will sell quickly. I know once it does and we have our own home again things will be easier. We don't have any of our things. We thought our stuff would arrive a lot faster than it has. I probably would have mailed some things here had I known it would take so much longer than they said. I think this is the first time in our lives where I feel stressed financially. The move was expensive. Since we've only owned our home for 2 years and the housing market up there is awful selling our home is actually going to cost us money. We've been really lucky and have never had any real debt but that will all change. It's scary.

I just need to take deep breaths, pray, and really try to have faith that everything will work out. A few years from now hopefully we'll laugh at all the insanity that is going on right now.


2 comments:

  1. oh darl! what a stressful time. i hope things settle down soon and your house sells. i hope everything works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. selling a home is one of the most stressful things ever. Just take it day by day and you can do it. Louisiana is such a fun place and I can't wait to hear more about your new chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...